Do you know what to do in the case of an oral emergency? In a dental emergency, it is necessary to visit our office so that appropriate treatments and repairs can be given. In many cases, the sooner that you receive treatment, the more likely you are to have a successful recovery. However, there are things you can do to help. Consider the following tips to apply immediately after an oral emergency:
– If you have a lost dental filling, you will need to cover up the vulnerable tooth with sugarless chewing gum or dental cement.
– If you have lost a dental crown, you will need to cover up the vulnerable tooth with a cotton swab, preferably dabbed in clove oil, to keep it clean and safe.
– If an oral accident or injury has occurred and left you with chipped or broken teeth, rinse out your mouth and remove any debris that may be left behind. It is important to apply gauze to the bleeding site until bleeding has stopped.
– In cases where you have had a tooth knocked out, gather the tooth and place it in a cell growth medium or other liquid solution, such as water with table salt or milk. By doing so, it may be possible for our dentist to reinsert the tooth back into its socket later.
– If you have any objects caught between your teeth, do not try to pry them loose with sharp tools. Instead, try to use an interdental cleaning tool such as dental floss to slowly dislodge the object.
Have you suffered any form of dental damage and are in need of immediate care? Are you ready for treatments for an oral accident? If so, please call 408-942-7791 to schedule an appointment with Dixon Landing Family Dental Care at our office in Milpitas, California. Dr. Maung Maung Ryan Thaw and our expert team would love to bring you in for an oral exam and make your teeth and gums as good as new!